Fees for Service:
• Unloading charges (includes storage up to 90 days and loading product to truck)
priced per ton for pelletized or meal products (Volume discounts may apply)
• Rates for unloading other commodities or products, not classified as a pellet or meal feed product will need to be discussed prior to ordering railcars.
• There will be a minimum off load charge for railcars regardless of weight.
• Midwest Commodity Storage requires a weight certification or weighbill for every railcar shipped.
There will be a $100 charge for railcars requiring certified weight within our facility.
• Shippers will contact Midwest Commodity Storage prior to shipment of railcars in order to receive permission to ship for scheduling purposes. Failure to do so will result in all railroad assessorial charges incurred by Midwest Commodity Storage to be paid by the Shipper. Shipment notification will be made via email to Midwest Commodity Storage when railcar is shipped.
• Midwest Commodity Storage will not be responsible for demurrage on private cars.
• Railcars that are determined to be difficult to off load will incur a $225/hour off loading charge.
Customer will be notified prior to proceeding with off loading if charges are to be incurred.
Railcar loading charges:
There will be charges by the ton for out of storage and from truck. Call for pricing.
• Storage of products over 90-180 days will vary and will be charged by the ton of the remaining inventory figured each month based on FIFO accounting.
• Customers should have an established program of movement to ensure quality of product.
• Midwest Commodity Storage will not be responsible for quality of product being held over 90 days.
• Midwest Commodity Storage is not responsible for any damage or problems with products resulting from acts of God (Floods, earthquakes, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, etc.)
Transloading and Storage Policies
For More Information Contact: